The women’s status superintendent manages all activities relevant to the advancement and integration of women in the Ministry of Health. Handles women’s complaints concerning discrimination and sexual harassment.
Responsible for application of the law for prevention of sexual harassment, training and publicity to all employees, aiding the women who lodge complaints, planning and development of sexual equality programs, equal opportunity and female empowerment.
- Assist the ministry’s working women to attain their full rights.
- Encourage women to participate in tenders.
- Take action to achieve appropriate representation of women in managerial positions in the spirit of the law and court rulings.
- Handle employee complaints regarding sexual harassment.
- Handle employee complaints regarding gender-based discrimination.
- Distribute relevant information.
- Develop and maintain female empowerment and advancement programs.
- Hold refresher seminars on the legal situation, rules and regulations governing all matters of women’s rights and intersexual affairs.
- Represent the ministry in parliamentary committees debating the advancement of women’s interests.
Women’s Forum - a steering committee for the formation of workplans derived from the ministry vision. Women managers in the ministry are members of the forum, representing various areas and positions.